Marketing & Engagement Officer Position Description
Arts Mildura is a contemporary community non-for-profit arts organisation, and in 2020 we celebrated our 25 year anniversary.
We produce an annual program of art and creative practice, that seek to ask the bold questions of our time, interrogate our sense of place within both the Mallee and national landscapes, and bring awareness to our contemporary experience. We do this through the management of an annual exhibition program, community festivals and bespoke cultural development projects.
Further, we enable community cultural leadership through auspicing and partnership with some of the regions most love community-led events including the Mildura Writers Festival, Mildura Fringe, Walk Wentworth Sing and the Summer Music Festival.
Our mission is to:
- to enable artistic opportunities for people, communities and organisations in order to empower and drive social change.
- to encourage conversations to stimulate and extend critical dialogue within our communities.
- to embrace place-based practice; to celebrate our uniqueness and our connection to the land.
The Marketing and Engagement Officer is a new role that is responsible for providing excellent marketing services and maximising the impact and engagement of what we do with and for the community, the artists and the art sector overall.
To be successful in this role, you should be a creative thinker, highly organised with fantastic community engagement skills.
Ultimately, you’ll be need to help our organisation to fulfill its vision of “transforming our community through exceptional art experiences” with dynamic marketing and engagement strategies and promotions.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Manage Arts Mildura website and marketing material, including writing copy and sourcing imagery
- Develop and maintain brand consistency across Arts Mildura communications including tone of voice, image treatment and design
- Build Arts Mildura social media presence and profile
- Manage marketing campaigns for Arts Mildura sector
- Manage Arts Mildura data base and analyse quantitative data to report on the impact of Arts Mildura activities to General Manager / Board of Arts Mildura
- Manage relationships with key contractors including artists, photographers, website developers and graphic designers
- Provide written monthly reports to the General Manager
- Review and analyse media opportunities in alignment with our budget
- Create, manage and market fundraising activities for the organisation
- Community consultation
- Provide evaluation and impact reports to the General Manager
- Develop strategic alliances and action plans
- Develop and grow (including re-branding) the organisation through advertisement, social media, programs, fundraisers and other marketing activities as approved by the Board
- Build the reputation of the organisation by actively promoting understanding of and support for it within the community
- Implement and manage sponsor, patron and membership programs and initiatives (in agreement with the Board) to drive engagement with the organisation
- Coordinate the publication of an annual report for sponsor, patron and membership
- Coordinate the publication of a monthly report (by email and/or social media) sponsor, patron and membership
- Act as the key contact for artists, sponsors and partnerships with organisations supporting our marketing and engagement strategy
Qualifications & experience
- 3+ years generalist marketing experience
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or a related field
- Experience working in community engagement, co-design and social impact
- Leadership experience
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and engagement strategies and plans
- Capacity to think and act strategically with a proactive approach
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Experienced in digital and social media strategy and execution
- Comfortable being hands on and working with multiple stakeholders on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish strong community relations
- Have integrity and a high degree of personal responsibility
- Level-headed, professional with excellent judgement
- Skilled at managing competing priorities and projects, while also building strong relationships with stakeholder both internally and externally, at all levels.
- Brings a real passion for creative and innovative excellence and enjoy working in a high performing organisation
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Sound knowledge of Photoshop, website CMS and email programs such as Word press and Mailchimp
- Passion for and high level of knowledge of key social media platforms
Details of employment
- Salary will be negotiated with the preferred candidate. Superannuation is paid at a rate of 9.5%
- Reports to the General Manager & Board of Arts Mildura
- Work hours will be negotiated with the preferred candidate. The appointee may be required to work outside of these hours from time to time
- Proposed length of Contract is 2 years (pending the renewal of Arts Mildura long term multiyear funding in December 2021)
- Location: Mildura Victoria 3500
If you feel you are the right person for this rewarding role, send a statement that addresses the key responsibilities and expertise required, along with your CV (with current references), to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role before expressing your interest, call Domenico de Clario, Arts Mildura Chair on 0448 102 000.
Applications close midnight on Sunday, 7 February 2021.