Creative Producer Position Description
Arts Mildura is a contemporary community non-for-profit arts organisation, and in 2020 we celebrated our 25 year anniversary.
We produce an annual program of art and creative practice, that seek to ask the bold questions of our time, interrogate our sense of place within both the Mallee and national landscapes, and bring awareness to our contemporary experience. We do this through the management of an annual exhibition program, community festivals and bespoke cultural development projects.
Further, we enable community cultural leadership through auspicing and partnership with some of the regions most love community-led events including the Mildura Writers Festival, Mildura Fringe, Walk Wentworth Sing and the Summer Music Festival.
Our mission is to:
- to enable artistic opportunities for people, communities and organisations in order to empower and drive social change.
- to encourage conversations to stimulate and extend critical dialogue within our communities.
- to embrace place-based practice; to celebrate our uniqueness and our connection to the land.
We are looking for Creative Producer to join the Arts Mildura team. The primary purpose of this role is to conceive, create, scope, develop and deliver arts programs that contribute to a balanced contemporary practice arts program.
Ultimately, you’ll be need to help our organisation to fulfill its vision of “transforming our community through exceptional art experiences” by curating an outstanding program for the community, members, sponsors and patrons.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Work alongside local and visiting artist to program and produce the Mildura Contemporary Practice program including exhibitions, performances, workshops and residency program
- Implementation of the Creative Spaces Program which includes:
- a. A professional development program for local artists throughout 2021
- b. Set up of local artisan shop
- c. Support for local artists in accessing studio and exhibition/performance spaces
- Mentor and support committees and volunteers to program and produce auspiced community events, including but not limited to YarnFest, Mildura Fringe, Walk Wentworth Sing, and the Summer Music Festival
- Manage project budget, timelines and outcomes
- Conduct all production with a high level of Occupational Health & Safety
- Provide written monthly report to the General Manager
Qualifications & experience
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualification in arts, a specific artform, or related disciplines and/or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of the performing arts industry and high level of literacy across the various performing arts disciplines.
- Extensive product and art form knowledge with specialist skills and knowledge in at least one major art form.
- Significant experience in programming and presenting performing arts events.
- Significant experience managing project budgets and resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Extensive contacts in the performing arts industry locally, nationally and internationally.
- Significant administrative experience including intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills.
- Exposure to or an understanding of Government requirements, policies and procedures.
- Skilled at managing competing priorities and projects, while also building strong relationships with stakeholder both internally and externally, at all levels.
- Comfortable being hands on and working with multiple stakeholders on multiple projects
Details of employment
- Salary will be negotiated with the preferred candidate. Superannuation is paid at a rate of 9.5%
- Reports to the General Manager & Board of Arts Mildura
- Work hours will be negotiated with the preferred candidate. The appointee may be required to work outside of these hours from time to time
- Proposed length of Contract is 2 years (pending the renewal of Arts Mildura long term multiyear funding in December 2021)
- Location: Mildura Victoria 3500
If you feel you are the right person for this rewarding role, send a statement that addresses the key responsibilities and expertise required, along with your CV (with current references), to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role before expressing your interest, call Domenico de Clario, Arts Mildura Chair on 0448 102 000.
Applications close 5pm on Thursday, 11 February 2021.